dragon's teeth no longer working

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: dragon's teeth no longer working

Post by Yoyobuae »

Here's what happens:
  • Biters form a group
  • A path is calculated from the group towards the pollution source
  • If at any point in time any member of the group is blocked from reaching it's destination by a destroyable entity then a portion of the group will enter "attack everything" mode
  • Once members of the group have entered "attack everything" mode they will probably continue attacking randome entities even after their path becomes unblocked
  • At some point something triggers the group do disengage attacking random stuff and try again to head towards the pollution source (usually after running out of stuff to destroy or some kind of timeout)
The end result is that biters are quite unpredictable and you cannot 100% guarantee that they won't attack some wall setup regardless of what configuration it's in.

fderty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: dragon's teeth no longer working

Post by fderty »

After much experimentation I conclude that the AI is too hard to abuse. :geek:
I'll just stick to the good ol' wall 'n turret. Thanks everyone. :geek:
jodokus31 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:08 pm
fderty wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm

It's quite annoying when someone answer you while ignoring what you said (even if I was in part wrong when I said they were no longer moving around the walls) :?
Im pretty sure @serenity just wanted to help. I wouldnt want to be treated like that if want to help even if im completely beside the point.
I didn't intend to hurt the little fella. I just got a little bit angry. :?

Return to “Gameplay Help”