Posts need to be aproved by a mod?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Posts need to be aproved by a mod?

Post by ficolas »

I just posted something in the F-Mod topic, and it says that the post need to be aproved by a moderator, is this intentional or not?
I fint this really annoying because If I want to edit the post, I cant and because I cant see the post I did :S
Edit: is just in the new modding section I think.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Posts need to be aproved by a mod?

Post by kovarex »

Oh sorry, can you try again?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

kovarex wrote:Oh sorry, can you try again?
ok thanks, it works.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Now I noticed that the BBCode [img] cant be used in the working mods subforum, so I cant edit my topic :(

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Should be fixed now. The working mods section is still a bit under construction=)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Only slighted related to this topic but didn't really want to create a new topic about it in the mods section so...
What exactly defines a 'working' mod? If it was only for finished mods I'd understand that but I'm fairly sure ficolas intends to add a bit more to his F-mod...Or is it simply for stable mods that are not going to change tremendously from one update to the next?
It would seem to me that if it was mainly to separate developed mods from mods that haven't been updated in a while or that were concepts\WIPs that it would be cleaner (though maybe not easier) to move the mods that have not been updated to a separate subforum named something like "Concepts WIPs and outdated mods".

Also, why is it within Contributions instead of the modding subforum? lol

One last thing that's a bit more of my opinion than a question but, it says "Bigger mods can get own subfolder. " I'd say that the F-mod with 28 pages (and 200+ posts) might be considered a "big" mod, I would think this would make it easier for him to have a FAQ/Help section and a separate topic for updates/status reports :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

How would I be able to tell that the message/topic belongs to a mod before I (not)-read it?
Currently I can "ignore" it simply by visiting it's thread and immediately hitting back.

( I don't want to setup a mailbox and a mail client to read forums, I prefer the "view unread posts", which AFAIK does not go by sections. )

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The point of starting the 'Working mods" section was to make it easier for the players who would like to play with mods to find what they want. However FreeER raised some fair points. So I have rebuilt a bit the Modding forum to accomodate to that. Now there are only mod threads and the rest is in the subforums. I think it is better organized this way.

Return to “Gameplay Help”