My freight cars are not filling

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ReneRP
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My freight cars are not filling

Post by ReneRP »

I don't understand a strange situation with freight cars. My freight cars are not filling. The inserters are not taking items from the chest and loading them into the freight car, but the freight car does have space for the item.
Attachments
vagao2.png
vagao2.png (46.1 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
vagao.png
vagao.png (52.92 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
config.png
config.png (299.15 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
bau2.png
bau2.png (131.55 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
bau.png
bau.png (59.84 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My freight cars are not filling

Post by Loewchen »

Inserter always take the maximum they can hold, if you filter the wagon it can still hold items it can not insert anymore blocking it entirely. Use one chest/inserter per item type or set the inserter to only take a singe item per sequence.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Specifically, in your image, the inserter is holding stack inserter(s) while the cargo wagon cannot accept any more stack inserters.

KoblerMan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KoblerMan »

MassiveDynamic wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:55 pm
Specifically, in your image, the inserter is holding stack inserter(s) while the cargo wagon cannot accept any more stack inserters.
This.

The way to fix this would be limiting the number of items for the inserter can pick up at a time to 1, however it would take forever for just one wagon to load up. A better solution would be using one chest for each item type and having a stack inserter to feed them in. That way when this situation happens it won't matter because the other inserters will each be loading in a different type of item.
ImageImage
System Specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (@~3.8 gHz)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080
RAM: 32GB DDR4 (2400)
DRIVES: 2x 1TB NVMe SSD, 1x 6TB HDD

Return to “Gameplay Help”