Is it possible to change the recipe in an assembly machine with the circuit network?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Edgar7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is it possible to change the recipe in an assembly machine with the circuit network?

Post by Edgar7 »

I like to produce big electric poles and medium electric poles automatically and save them in boxes. They both need the same material.

Do I need to setup (at least) two assembly machines to produce the different poles? Or is there a possibility to change the recipe in the assembly machine automatically i.e. based on how many poles are in a box?

Theikkru
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is it possible to change the recipe in an assembly machine with the circuit network?

Post by Theikkru »

In vanilla, you will need the second assembler. You can circuit control how much each produces, but you can't change the recipe on the machine itself.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is it possible to change the recipe in an assembly machine with the circuit network?

Post by Serenity »

Place an iron stick assembler inbetween two assembly machines and insert the sticks directly. It's not enough to run both of them continuously, but for building materials that's not necessary

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Changing receipe automatically can be done with mods only such as: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/crafting_combinator.

It often leads to over-engineered design in my games but i like those :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”