Train setup help!

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Fxguy1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train setup help!

Post by Fxguy1 »

I'm trying to setup two trains on a loop with a couple of stops and cannot figure it out. Heres a pic: Image.

I have signals at each branch but both trains keep saying no path.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train setup help!

Post by orzelek »

Looking quickly you need trains with 2 locomotives - one on each end - since coper and future iron stations have no loop.
Assuming you want the loop to be one direction you need to ensure that all the signals along main loop are on the same side.

Also train at coal station seems to long? make sure it doesn't block the main loop.

You'd need to post the save to let us take a look to get more detailed help.
Last edited by orzelek on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

A couple of questions. It LOOKS like your trains are set to go Clockwise. You have a couple stations that are on the wrong side of the track for that, however : Utopia and Stone Station #1. Make SURE that all the stations are on the right side of the track as the train is expected to get to it.

After that .. go into one of the train’s scheduler. Try to set up a temporary station and see where it lets you go and where it won’t. That transitory point is a good place to look for a problem.

Fxguy1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fxguy1 »

So for a loop does the loop have to be one direction only? I was trying to setup so from any given station the train could go either way. How do I post the save?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Train needs to be able to path to target station through free segments of track.
If you want the loop to be two directional it would need to have a lot of chain signals to make sure whole track is reserved for train to pass or trains will dead lock. You would need a proper dual track setup to make this work well.

Making it one direction only allows train to easily move around since they always have one way to get to next station.

You should be able to attach a save file using attachment tab below the post.

Fxguy1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fxguy1 »

Any reason I cannot build a station on a straight section of track traveling diagonally?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Fxguy1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm
Any reason I cannot build a station on a straight section of track traveling diagonally?
Because there are no diagonal inserters or pumps.

Return to “Gameplay Help”