How can I block a ghost/blueprint from being constructed?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Edgar7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How can I block a ghost/blueprint from being constructed?

Post by Edgar7 »

I made the layout for 4 reactors with all the turbines, pipes, etc.
Then I manually added the parts for 2 reactors. I don't want 4 reactors and lots of extra turbines, etc. in the moment.
But when my character, with a portable roboport, comes near that ghost then it starts the construction.
How can I prevent that from happening?
The reactor is just an example. It might be other things which I planned but which I don't want to get build in the moment.
I know I can switch off the portable roboport and that works. But that is more like a workaround and not a solution.

I guess that question is already answered somewhere. I searched and didn't find it.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How can I block a ghost/blueprint from being constructed?

Post by MEOWMI »

There's no perfect solution here (outside of mods).

Your best bet might be to copy those contents to a (temporary) blueprint book, maybe even place something around to mark where its boundaries are. You won't be able to see the ghost this way, but you can keep them neatly organized in a book (or books since they allow stacking now) until you need them.

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DerGraue »

Just remove all the blueprints you do not want to build by either rightclicking or with the deconstruction planer. Then just let the bots build what you want them to build. If you want to build the rest, just place the blueprint on top of the build and all the missing pieces will be placed. Existing buildings won't be touched

Edgar7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Edgar7 »

Thanks for your answers.
Maybe I will do big planning (like i.e. reactor arrays) somewhere far away from the roboport network. Then I can leave the ghost there and maybe improve it over time.
I just finished my first game. Hurrah!

Return to “Gameplay Help”