Bad map, but I am determined! Where should the bus go?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DutChen18
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bad map, but I am determined! Where should the bus go?

Post by DutChen18 »

I've generated a map with seed 340 and there aren't a lot of positives.
The nearest oil is barely visible near the top right.
With all the cliffs the starting area has little space for my magnificent main bus.
The nearest stone to replace the tiny 81k starter vein is sure to attract some unwanted attention.
Even with all that, I am determined to destroy the local ecosystem with my need for industrialization ...
... but where do I start?
To me it seems best to start just above the upper-middle coal vein, but even then there aren't any good stone or iron veins, let alone oil.

Code: Select all

>>>eNpjZICDBnsQ5mBJzk/MgfFAmCs5v6AgtUg3vygVWZgzuag0J
VU3PxNVcWpeam6lblJiMYpijsyi/Dx0E1iLS/LzUEVKilJTi5FFu
EuLEvMyS3PR9TIwhjAC6RY5MP5fz6Dw/z8IA1kPgH4BYQbGBohKo
BgMsCbnZKalMTAoOAKxE0iakZGxWmSd+8OqKfaMEDV6DlDGB6jIg
SSYiCeM4eeAU0oFxjBBMscYDD4jMSCWlgCtgKricEAwIJItIElGx
t63Wxd8P3bBjvHPyo+XfJMS7BkNXUXefTBaZweUZAf5kwlOzJoJA
jthXmGAmfnAHip1057x7BkQeGPPyArSIQIiHCyAxAFvZgZGAT4ga
0EPkFCQYYA5zQ5mjIgDYxoYfIP55DGMcdke3R/AgLABGS4HIk6AC
LCFcJcxQpgO/Q6MDvIwWUmEEqB+IwZkN6QgfHgSZu1hJPvRHIIZE
cj+QBNRccASDVwgC1PgxAtmuGuA4XmBHcZzmO/AyAxigFR9AYpBe
CAZmFEQWsCBGZHdQMnigf93MQCYdp+2<<<
340.png
340.png (496.94 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bad map, but I am determined! Where should the bus go?

Post by Serenity »

Putting the bus southwards is a possibility. There are a few small cliffs there that you can pass with undergrounds

Khagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khagan »

DutChen18 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:35 pm
I've generated a map with seed 340 and there aren't a lot of positives.
The nearest oil is barely visible near the top right.
With all the cliffs the starting area has little space for my magnificent main bus.
The nearest stone to replace the tiny 81k starter vein is sure to attract some unwanted attention.
Even with all that, I am determined to destroy the local ecosystem with my need for industrialization ...
... but where do I start?
To me it seems best to start just above the upper-middle coal vein, but even then there aren't any good stone or iron veins, let alone oil.
Actually, apart from the fact that the nearest oil is further away than one would prefer, that looks like quite a nice starting position to me: there's a cluster of good patches of iron, copper and coal (and a little more stone) not far to the east. I'd be inclined to start from the centre and build east: there's just one fragmentary line of cliffs in the way.

81k stone is enough to launch a rocket; it's certainly plenty to get to the stage of building a tank, at which point the "unwanted attention" is trivially removable. A couple of thousand each for steel furnaces and railway tracks, and maybe ten times that for walls and military science still only uses about half; concrete for a starter nuclear power industry would take another few thousand. It's not until you get to production science that you really need a high production rate and more reserves.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

I think I would build something like this.
Attachments
341.png
341.png (570.94 KiB) Viewed 896 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”