Am I missing something in blueprint library?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Am I missing something in blueprint library?

Post by irbork »

I have just created blueprint book called 1.0 and began work on it. It is very far away in the last slot but 1 should definatelly be before most of my books. I have tried to move the book manually to the front but it just grabs the book that was in the first place. Do I really need to click over 100 times on each of my books to rearrange it?

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Am I missing something in blueprint library?

Post by Yoyobuae »

Kinda yes, but kinda no.

First, make a backup of your blueprint library by copying the blueprint-storage.dat file from Factorio's AppData directory into some save location.

You can Ctrl-click on blueprint books in the library to mass transfer into your inventory. It's best to use the map editor to have a larger inventory size (though Power armor mkII works just as well). In Settings > Interface uncheck the option "Always keep player's main inventory sorted", so that the order of blueprints in the library is preserved when transfering into inventory.

Now you have an easy way to move one blueprint book from the end of the library to the beginning. Just Ctrl-click on blueprint books in the library to transfer into your inventory, then Shift-click the book in your inventory you want to move to the beginning, then finally Ctrl-click the remaining books from your inventory back into the library. Double check that all the blueprints are in the library and none are left in the inventory (very important to not lose any blueprints), then finally quit the map (this will trigger saving the blueprint library to file).

It is a bit inconvenient but it's a lot faster than clicking hundreds of times.

Return to “Gameplay Help”