To catch a logistics bot

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

To catch a logistics bot

Post by hoho »

I'm playing with a bunch of mods, one of what adds upgraded logistics bots. The recipe uses lower tier bots to make better ones.
Now, problem is, I have no idea how to catch the couple hundred bots to upgrade. Is there a way to force them all to come to me or to enter a roboport? Currently it seems like I should just shut down power to my entire factory so they wouldn't have anything left to do but I hope there is a better way.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: To catch a logistics bot

Post by Martc »

You can add smart inserter with filter for old bots to every roboport (or some and hope that old robots shows there any time soon :) ). Inserter will put robot to provider chest, then will be delivered to requester chest, upgraded to new robot and then delivered back to roboport.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Hm, that's a good idea I'll probably use in future to make it require less manual labor.

I actually "solved" the problem by requesting a metric ton of iron to myself and holding down second mouse button on the path bots traveled to me. Took just a couple of minutes to get all 250 of them :)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

hoho wrote:Hm, that's a good idea I'll probably use in future to make it require less manual labor.

I actually "solved" the problem by requesting a metric ton of iron to myself and holding down second mouse button on the path bots traveled to me. Took just a couple of minutes to get all 250 of them :)
Haha nice that sounds fun. :D Poor little guys had no idea what hit em!
Image Image Image

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I tried to take bots out of roboport with various inserters (started with smart+filter, also tried normal and long-handed one) but none worked.

Is it intended that one can't extract bots from roboports or is that a bug?

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Try setting a requester chest requesting a ton of stuff and restrict it to one stack (or no stack if that possible).

I came across a bug report today that implied this would do what you want :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”