Changing rotation direction with ghost rail planner?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Laogeodritt
Inserter
Inserter

Changing rotation direction with ghost rail planner?

Post by Laogeodritt »

Hi all! I've had a minor QoL annoyance since, I think, 0.18.0 and I'm wondering whether this is an actual control oversight or if I'm just missing something in the changed controls.

Normally, with most objects, you can choose the direction of rotation by pressing R or Shift+R.

In prior versions, I was able to do this in ghost rail planning mode, because it was a toggle: if you pressed shift when starting the rail planner, it would be in ghost mode and stay in ghost mode. I could then press R or Shift+R to rotate in either direction.

In the current version, you have to hold Shift to stay in ghost mode, which forces you to rotate in one direction. It doesn't seem like you can rotate in non-ghost mode, so I'm stuck rotating a lot more than I'd like to place rails.

Is there a means of changing your rotation direction with the ghost rail planner?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Changing rotation direction with ghost rail planner?

Post by Loewchen »

Laogeodritt wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:36 pm
Is there a means of changing your rotation direction with the ghost rail planner?
There is not.

Laogeodritt
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Laogeodritt »

All right, at least it's not just me being silly. Thanks!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I practically never use Shift + R to rotate, and partially forget that it exists. Three times R is the same as Shift + R, after all.

This makes rail building with the ghost rail planner fun, because it rotates in the opposite direction than how I normally rotate.
:-(

Return to “Gameplay Help”