i'm looking to compare Pumpjack Pollution.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

i'm looking to compare Pumpjack Pollution.

Post by taiiat »

right to the point - i'm trying to compare the Pollution rates of an alternative Pumpjack via a Mod and the vanilla. for the Mod i can just easily read the Script, though Pollution rates in the Script aren't the same as they appear in the game for other Entities.
okay cool, i'll just read the Script for the vanilla Pumpjack and i should have like-like numbers.
though, i spent a while trying to find where that was defined for the Pumpjack, and didn't find where its Pollution is actually defined. then i looked at other Entities that i could find Pullution definitions for in their Scripts, and i found Pollution being defined a different way (/Minute, rather than /Tick).

i got one value, but since i seem to be unable to find the Pollution definition of the vanilla Pumpjack, i can't compare like-like.

does someone know where this is Defined?
or what are the values it is Defined with?
or how do i follow the Calculation forwards/backwards to figure out how to convert between Pollution/Tick and Pollution/Minute? am i just overthinking it and /Tick and /Minute is just a matter of Multiplying/Dividing by 3600? (when at 60UPS) 0.75 * 3600 can't be right but it's the only guess i have at this moment on that.

some way to figure it out is good enough for me. :)

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: i'm looking to compare Pumpjack Pollution.

Post by SupplyDepoo »

It seems 'emissions' was the old name for it before version 0.17.29 and that mod needs to be updated or it may break soon.

viewtopic.php?p=422109#p422109
kovarex wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm
changelog wrote:
  • Added emissions_per_minute property in the energy source, that is supposed to replace the emissions_per_second_per_watt which was basically wrong and hard to work with, both emissions_per_second_per_watt emissions definition will work for some time (at least in 0.17) so mods don't get broken.
It seems it was changed again later to 'emissions_per_minute'.

The pumpjack is technically a 'mining drill' so you can find the definition in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity\mining-drill.lua. It appears that the vanilla pumpjack has the same emissions as the electric mining drill, 10.

taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: i'm looking to compare Pumpjack Pollution.

Post by taiiat »

good to know that /Tick is legacy.
i could maybe try punching numbers in and seeing if i can find numbers that would seem to about match up, though reading Pollution in game has some margin for error so i'm not sure how confident i'd be in that route.

though, if previously it was /second/Watt, i might be able to work with that and figure something out.

maybe the best thing then, is for me to fix it myself and then i know exactly what its Pollution rate is both because its using the same units and because i picked the value myself. :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”