LHD Book for 5 car trains?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
blackzilla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

LHD Book for 5 car trains?

Post by blackzilla »

All the book I'm finding are for trains with 1 loco, and 2 cargo cars. All my mining trains are 1 loco and 4 cargo cars set on a 2 lane tracks. A lot of my intersections are getting bogged down and in my hunt for better throughput I'm finding one, that everyone else just has RHD trains, and 2, all the books are for tiny trains so I'm not sure they would even help the problem.

Its a 600 hour base so converting trains around isnt an option. Thanks for any help

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LHD Book for 5 car trains?

Post by Serenity »

The intersections don't really change with train length. But you have to make sure that you can fit a train between each intersection. So a waiting train doesn't block the next intersection. You don't need a blueprint book to do that.

Signal distance on straight sections plays a role though. More signals or a signal distance adjusted to your train length allows you to fit more of them

In general it's better to have multiples of 2 for wagons. So 2, 4, 6 or 8. Makes it easier to balance loading and unloading.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

TC, I am assuming that your search results have included straight track sections. Try to have at least one straight track section between each and every junction (to include Tee’s, crosses, station inlets, station outlets).

For that matter, it is not all that hard to design your own rail blueprints. I made mine the length of three Large Power Poles, as a standardized length. A straight section with some signaling, a 90 degree turn, a Tee, a crossing, station inlet, station outlet, and a few stackers are all it takes to complete the blueprint book. If you cannot find what you want, make your own!

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

all of the above
but go back one step and look at the intersections themself. Maybe the signals are just wrong?

Also, when i first started with trains, i got the signals pretty quick, but what kept my main lines blocked some times, was to not have enough room to park trains after they left the main track.

Return to “Gameplay Help”