Nuclear power/ Steam Turbine Power Issues

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Flug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Nuclear power/ Steam Turbine Power Issues

Post by Flug »

Hello all, so I'm pretty familiar with Factorio but I'm new to this nuclear power thing because I've never done it before. I've been trying to figure out a design on my own but I got annoyed with the steam turbine power output not maxing out even though I had the full amount of 500C steam coming into them. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or explain how this is supposed to work. I attached 2 pictures of my layout and my power charts. P.S this layout is not my design I got sick of trying my own design with no way of fixing the power output issue so I got a design online. Please help!!
Attachments
Factorio power.jpg
Factorio power.jpg (401.99 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
Factorio Issue.jpg
Factorio Issue.jpg (583.58 KiB) Viewed 1616 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nuclear power/ Steam Turbine Power Issues

Post by Loewchen »

You have consumers for less than 1% of the power from your turbines, ofc they will not max out.

Flug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Flug »

So what you're saying is that since the power isn't needed the turbines aren't going to perform at the max output?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Flug wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:19 am
So what you're saying is that since the power isn't needed the turbines aren't going to perform at the max output?
Exactly, it even tells you that 5.8MW of 5.8MW of one turbine would be available.

Flug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Flug »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 am
Flug wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:19 am
Exactly, it even tells you that 5.8MW of 5.8MW of one turbine would be available.
Thank you so much, this is all i needed to know. i couldn't find anything online about it

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

That's how all power in the game works. The regular coal powered steam plants aren't any different

Nemo4809
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nemo4809 »

Serenity wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:15 pm
That's how all power in the game works. The regular coal powered steam plants aren't any different
Except when using nuclear fuel cells. Once’s it’s going, it will continue going until the cell is exhausted. Heat generated that’s not consumed is just wasted.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

That's a bitt different. The reactor's will always runs, yes. The turbines don't

Return to “Gameplay Help”