Circuit network enable/disable signal?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
7spoons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circuit network enable/disable signal?

Post by 7spoons »

So, I have unloading train station enabled/disabled by its boxes content counts. Is there a way to see how many items are currently in the boxes?
In other words, is there a way to see the state of the enable/disable signal (could be a count or anything else...)?

If not, would it be possible to add this info on the tooltip?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Circuit network enable/disable signal?

Post by valneq »

Let me see that I undestand correctly:
You connected all chests directly with each other using the same colored wire, say red.
Then you connected (via red wire) one of the chests directly to the train station and set the enabled condition of the train station to
[item] > [count].
Things work in principle as expected, but you want to know the total [count] of [item] in all your boxes.
Right?

How about connecting a power pole to any of the chests or the train station with red wire?
Hovering over the power pole should display the signal carried by the red wire in the power pole tooltip.

That will not give you the enabled/disabled state of the train station. The latter is actually visually indicated by a small light on the train station itself. When it is red, it is deactivated. And maybe even in the tooltip of the train station as in "Status: deactivated by circuit condition" or something similar.

7spoons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 7spoons »

Power pole! I knew there must be a way :)

Yes I know of the small light though there's no text on train station tooltip (unlike inserters which do have it).

Thanks!

7spoons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 7spoons »

And yes, you're spot on on the setup and the issue!

Return to “Gameplay Help”