Equipables in Sandbox

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
StarMiner55
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Equipables in Sandbox

Post by StarMiner55 »

I am messing around in sandbox mode, and I want to be able to use the flamethrower and Modular armor. Is there a way to equip these in god mode? If so, how?

Mgis09
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Equipables in Sandbox

Post by Mgis09 »

darkfrei wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:25 am
Console#Add_items
How can I manage that armor then?
This solves nothing.
Those items appear then in my backpack. I still have no way to apply armor, then use equipment for it.
flamethrower-sandbox.png
flamethrower-sandbox.png (186.97 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
No way to shoot flames!

PS. And atomic bomb!
And roboport setup takes more time than personal. This affects blueprinting in sandbox.

Nemo4809
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nemo4809 »

I believe the command to add a player character is,

Code: Select all

/c game.player.character = game.player.surface.create_entity{name="character", position = {0,0}, force = game.forces.player} 
If you just want to blueprint stuff and cut/copy/paste. You can use editor mode via the command

Code: Select all

/editor

Mgis09
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mgis09 »

Will my blueprints (from library) get placed with this? Or will they remain as ghosts?

Also the point was to spread destruction, but remain as god. Fly around quickly, have no character and be invincible. Play with world.
That was kind of my idea of a sandbox.
And now I launch sandbox and cannot spread fire.
Oh well, every topic may be finished with 'there are mods for that'.

So there is no way to just create a new map and get my blueprints working without infrastructure. Even though I can have infinite power source.
The solution seems to create a fork of my world. But I didn't want that. Seems like a workaround?
So there are no changes possible to be made in current sandbox mode? Like create primed-nuke at cursor, create fire here and now? (We may omit shooting)

As for the blueprints I just wanted a "margin", a world, a way to place, edit, upgrade and test my blueprints quickly, organise them, make better books, find and delete the old versions. I have a mess in my blueprints! :lol: :oops:

Return to “Gameplay Help”