Circuit Network Help needed

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

Circuit Network Help needed

Post by kyletheinilater »

So I need some help with the Circuit network.

I want the left most inserters to fill the Iron chests to 600 each (1200 total) and then stop until it gets to 0 advanced circuits.
Once the total amount of Advanced Circuits gets to 1200 I want the second set of inserters to go until it empties both chests without the first inserts refilling it.

The left Decider is only outputting to the left inserters and same for the Right Decider and inserters.

The left Dicider is set to: Advanced Circuit = 1200 output 1 Green
the right one is set to Advanced circuit = 1200 output 1 Green
The left inserters are set to Green=0
The right inserters are set to Geen > 0

The problem is once the chests lose a single circuit they are going to fill the chest back up
Attachments
Train red.PNG
Train red.PNG (390.54 KiB) Viewed 2027 times

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Circuit Network Help needed

Post by Trebor »

To each side add a constant combiner outputting 1200 advanced circuits, send that to a decider combinator set to green = 1 output advanced circuits. Wire your green signal also to this divider and the output of this to your decider. Do this for both sides. Use red wire for every thing EXCEPT the output of the new decider combiner back to your decider combiner, use green for that connection. If you use red the sides will be cross connected.

kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

You had me for a minute there but I'm just confused now :?

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

I was slightly off on what I told you. You only really need just the green signal. The left inserters are active when green is 0 the right are active when green is 1 so all the inserters can be wired together. You need one decider combiner with condition advanced circuits >= 1200 output 1 green. Wire the containers to the decider combiner and the inserters to the output of the decider.

That's basically what you had above, just slightly different. What you don't have is a way to keep the green signal set while the containers empty. This is where a second decider combiner and constant combiner come in. The second decider gets a green input signal from the first decider and it gets an advanced circuit signal of 1199 from the constant combiner. The second decider's output is routed back as an input to the first decider combiner. The second decider combiner is set to green = 1 output advanced circuits.

So what happens:
1) There is less than 1200 in containers, green = 0, left inserters fill containers.
2) When 1200 is reached green is set to 1, second decider starts outputting 1199, first decider gets input of 2399 (1200 + 1199), right inserts start emptying containers.
3) Containers empty to 0, first decider only has input of 1199 so sets output to 0 green, second decider stops outputting 1199, left inserters fill containers, back to step 1.

kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

Thank you! The circuit Network is so odd to understand.

kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

So I added your blueprint down and there is currently 1236 advanced circuits in the chests and the right inserters didn't go off.....
Attachments
Train red.PNG
Train red.PNG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1954 times

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

If you hover over the north decider, what are it’s input & output? When it’s working the input should be 1200 or more, the output 1 green.

Refer to the description above for how it works to debug it.

Make sure the condition is >=.

Return to “Gameplay Help”