Inserter stack bonus screw up.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Inserter stack bonus screw up.

Post by Spaghettificator »

Well hello again my fellows 8-)
Maybe someone of you can help me with this problem i have and maybe even help improve my sticky situation.

First of all, this is my favorite setting of Green Chips crafting. (to avoid belts congestions and slow downs in corners)

My problem started when i upgraded that thing... twice. Most due to better train loading and unloading speed.
Now, basically, my entire production of chips was throw to the pigs and its not symmetrical anymore, sometimes it load to one, the other time another. Its a huge bummer knowing i will have to deconstruct all of this to make a (still) efficient setting, also, my red chips (also this plan) is screwed. Can some high power give me some advice? I love to keep my factory as simple as efficient to the max. :geek:

Many Thank in advance, good weekend :D .
(Yes, i have Dytech inserters)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Inserter stack bonus screw up.

Post by n9103 »

I'm not sure why the DyTech is a relevant bit here.
If you're requiring that they always be symmetrical, then the only way is to force the inserters to only grab one item, which means putting the wire on the ground before putting it into the assembler.
If you're more interested in having them both moving at the same time, you could try using basic inserters instead of fast ones, though I can't recall off hand if that is still fast enough to keep up with demand from a AM2, given the first stack bonus.

If this is screwing up your production speed however, then I would say that your wires weren't being made fast enough to begin with, and this merely made that more pronounced.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

DyTech was mentioned because (I think) the blue inserter to the lower right is a "close inserter". Nothing which should concern us, but it was nice that he/she mentioned it.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Have you carefully watched, what happens here? Not only with the inserters, but also inside the assemblies?

In my opinion you will see, that everything works fine. Try to find out what really happens: the inserters will move now more items at once, so it is logical, that the other inserter doesn't move.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ca_Putt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ca_Putt »

So the problem is that your Assemblers get assymetric amounts of Wire? So one gets 2 the other one gets 4, during one cycle?

To fix this you'd have to resort to what n9103 suggested.

however you could try one of the following:
1. Replace the inner two fast inserters with inserters.
2. replace the outer two fast insersters with insersters(you increaced the stack size so it should be ok)
3. Space out the lvl 2 Assemblers so they allign with the outer wire assamblers, replace the two middle fast inserters with one in the center, add two regular inserters to take from this centre inserters output and insert into the Blue Assemblers.

I'll just assume you're not having Speed/productivity modules lingering around, as you could modify your prodspeed with those.

Cdr.MaS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cdr.MaS »

it's just a hunch but it maybe this way because of the positoning of the assemblers and inserters to eachother
I observed that insterters that are placed in the middle of an assembler are slightly faster because the distance is slightly shorter
I use a similar design that is just slightly different
I place my assemblers with one tile in between and place inserters on the corners of the assemblers
clue is, that now all the inserters have to move the exact same distance to move things from one assembler to the other which also means that they require the same amount of time to do so

EDIT: also slightly is slightly my favorit word in this post it seems

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Spaghettificator »

Thank you for your answers.
I mentioned the Dytech because, like Nova posted, somebody could have see the inner inserter and ask like WTH. Nothing to "brag" about lol
i'll try right now your suggestions. Thanks a bunch :roll:

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I did test your layout. I can't see any problem with the stack size. If you have a continues flow of iron and copper plates, then the two fast inserters from the middle cable assembler should alternate between moving both copper cables out of the assembler. The two circuit assemblers should create two circuits and then have a small pause, like 0.5 seconds. Without stack bonus (and with normal inserters) they should create one circuit and than have a pause of 0.25 seconds. (All values only estimated.)

Don't know what that means, I just deliver my test results. ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Canyew »

I see the problem. I never used DyTech but someone mentioned a close inserter.

If I understood the complaint right, when he researched the inserter stack size buff, his production became uneven. If you closer though, he is using two normal fast inserters on the first set of circuit assemblers and a fast and Dytech Close inserter on the second set. The production imbalance is user error if this is the real issue.

If thats not the case and the assemblers are not producing enough copper wire for the other assemblers, I would say upgrade the grey copper wire assemblers to blue assemblers. Since they have a increase in production speed.

Return to “Gameplay Help”