Day/night cycle time and transport belt speed

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Morzan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Day/night cycle time and transport belt speed

Post by Morzan »

Hi everyone!

How many minutes (or seconds) take one day in Factorio?

A normal transport belt how fast can transport items? (seconds/transport belt)

I thinked about a power plant wich uses during day solar panels, and during night it uses boilers and steam engines.
Sorry for the bad english!

Used mods: F mod, Treefarm mod

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Day/night cycle time and transport belt speed

Post by kovarex »

Morzan wrote:Hi everyone!

How many minutes (or seconds) take one day in Factorio?

A normal transport belt how fast can transport items? (seconds/transport belt)

I thinked about a power plant wich uses during day solar panels, and during night it uses boilers and steam engines.
Hello, the day has 25000 ticks. with 60 ticks per seconds, this is 416.6 game seconds or 6.94 game minutes.
About the transprot belt, it depends on type and usage, you would need to be more specific.

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Day/night cycle time and transport belt speed

Post by Holy-Fire »

According to my measurements, movement on a straight normal transport belt is 32 ticks / tile (0.533 seconds), and on a curved part 18 ticks / tile (0.3 seconds).

Also, a fully dense straight normal belt can carry 12 items per second. (Irrelevant to what you asked, but still interesting).

By the way, I think I saw constructions that use circuits to cut off coal supply to boilers during the day.
Edit: Actually, cutting off coal is unneeded, if you have solar power available the steam engines won't use coal. But you can use the circuit to power down unneeded things. The thread is https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=8&t=205.

Return to “Gameplay Help”