Map questions

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Map questions

Post by Quax »

Hi all, I have two questions regarding the map view:
#1: I recently watched a tutorial video on youtube. The player switched to the map view, scrolled to the far edge (way beyond reach of his engineer) of the map, and then zoomed in to the detail level where you can actually see the factories, not only the symbolic map. I tried the same, but the detailed map is only availabe in a rectangle centered around my current position.

#2: Is there a way, maybe a mod, to get rid of all these descriptions in the map? I would like to have e.g. only my train station names visible as I sometimes have a hard time to remember then. However, on the map their names are covered by all the other informations ..

Thanks

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Map questions

Post by DaveMcW »

1. Radars

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

1 : Radar. Radar has two areas. One is the 5(?) chunk square, centered on it, that is always visible. The other is the 11(?) chunk square, also centered on it, that it slowly reveals one chunk at a time. This area, as it gets revealed, is visible for a short time. After that short time, it fades to what I can best describe as a ‘fog of war’ state - you know what *was* there, but not necessarily what *is* there now.

At a guess, the YT you watched simply had active radar coverage where he scrolled over to on his map.

2 : in map mode, play around with the buttons below the mini map in the top right corner.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

1. thanks, I wasn't aware of that radar function ..problem solved then :-)

2. I did play around, but it doesn't help. All I can do is to show/hide the station names.

Return to “Gameplay Help”