Can't shoot from car

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Can't shoot from car

Post by Spaghettificator »

Hi everybody!
I've notice that since some update, i'm unable to shoot from inside a car or train... this is a huge bummer
Can i get a reply explaining WHY the need to remove this feature from the game?
Also, why can't i get through trees and enemys anymore? This doesn't make sense, its a real pain to drive inside of areas that has a "little" trees or bitters, the car just stops dead on its tracks and im killed by the space bugs. If it is an update, can someone tell me witch one so i can revert my game to the old way, please.
Thank you very much.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't shoot from car

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Because we now have TANKS. And they are awsome!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

It's been that way since 0.11 since tanks were introduced, so if you want to go back to using cars instead you'll have to revert to 0.10.12

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Im not a fan of mods, i just feel like there was no reason to remove whatever it was that allow cars and trains run over things and be able to shoot from them. Now i hate forests, because even sparse trees become an unavoidable crash and stops my Benz... Even causing little to none damage to the vehicle, its a total trivial of stop and go during my drive.

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

FishSandwich wrote:It's been that way since 0.11 since tanks were introduced, so if you want to go back to using cars instead you'll have to revert to 0.10.12
Really? Is the tank not a mod? My bad.
Anyway, i didn't play the free mode post "tank" upgrade yet as im trying to end the campaigns, so i'll check it. Thank you for your answers ;)
Have a nice day
Last edited by Spaghettificator on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Indeed the tank is not a mod. ;)

And of course, you are welcome.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Although judging by the concept art the devs posted for the car in their last news update, cars will be getting a gun soon

humblegar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by humblegar »

In 11.0.6 you can. And it handles great too :)

GHX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GHX »

Yeah, i think its really annoying too, that you cant shoot from cars anymore and they stop for a long time when you runover a tree. You can shoot the built submachine gun, but it is slower than your standard one. I liked the car because you could shoot while moving at an ok speed, but now you cant even shoot you way through trees, wich i find a bit dissappointiong.

Id apprechiate it if you could shoot with your first weapon slot, wich prevents you from shooting different weapons, wich isnt that op.

Return to “Gameplay Help”