[0.17.47] Inserter stuck inserting solar panel in satellite assembler

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Saiboth_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.47] Inserter stuck inserting solar panel in satellite assembler

Post by Saiboth_ »

I noticed my rockets weren't launching, which was caused by lack of satellites. Apparently the inserter between the buffer chest and the satellite assembler cannot insert solar panels after a certain amount of time. Base game, no mods are used. No other issues with inserters are present, all other satellite components get added without problem, somehow it is always stuck on a solar panel.

What I have tried so far:
- rotating the inserter a few times (works temporarily when the stuck solar panel is dropped on the ground)
- replacing the inserter with a stack inserter (works temporarily)
- building new buffer chest and inserter 1 tile below the old one (works temporarily)

I have yet to try to build a new assembler to see whether that fixes the problem. I will do that now, but it will take some time to see if the problem returns.

EDIT:

It appears a damaged solar panel was in the stack, which could not be added to the assembler. I removed it and it seems to be working for now. Is it intented that damaged item cannot be used in manufacturing?
Attachments
factorio_satellite_solar_panel_bug.png
factorio_satellite_solar_panel_bug.png (3.35 MiB) Viewed 816 times

hale42
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.47] Inserter stuck inserting solar panel in satellite assembler

Post by hale42 »

its because a damaged item cannot stack just like in your inventory

Edit: if you have all 3 requester chests and all 3 inserters adding the same items it may become over stocked with one type of item and they wont be able to add more getting whats left stuck in their hand. since you have 3 that may be a very very rare case however.

Saiboth_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.47] Inserter stuck inserting solar panel in satellite assembler

Post by Saiboth_ »

Thanks for your reply! I recently added more chests because it got blocked with the one chest+inserter every time, I was planning on having 1 item per chest in the future.

Return to “Gameplay Help”