Troubleshoot Train Signals - Help OFFERED

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
spacesloth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Troubleshoot Train Signals - Help OFFERED

Post by spacesloth »

Hello there. I'm learning about train signals and have come quite a long way in my understanding of them. I have seen many tutorials but I feel like there is still a gap between knowing how to "lay track" correctly so the signal placement is easy versus understanding how signals operate.

So, I'm looking to create some videos where I walk through some save files of people who are struggling with signal placement. I am hoping that by doing this I can help out some people in the community with what is frustrating them and at the same time maybe get some viewers that know more than me who can help correct me when I am doing stuff wrong. :oops:

I hope some people can offer up some save files for me to review. I think this may be good because I like doing videos as a hobby and I really like trouble shooting and I know there are likely many people who love factorio but are just frustrated enough with signals to give up on trains all together. I know I was close and now I can't imagine a base without them!

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any saves and advice! :D

Here is my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmpvr1 ... MXelDKfxnw

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Troubleshoot Train Signals - Help OFFERED

Post by n9103 »

I would suggest approaching -root, who has received a multitude of problematic saves, including a good handful of rail fix requests, once he admitted that he hates dealing with trains ;)
In addition to just the availability of them, he also has his approach to fixing them posted on youtube, so you can see what one of the possible solutions to the problem in each save.

It's possible that he hasn't hung onto these saves, but I imagine he's got access to them still in some form.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Gameplay Help”