0.17 AngelBob Wood Management??

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

0.17 AngelBob Wood Management??

Post by evandy »

Holy *. I recently finished my 1st factory, so decided to give Angel & Bob a try. Things are going mostly well (playing without biters, thank goodness), and I'm ALMOST done with my bootstrap base & mini-bus. My mini-bus for my bootstrap base has 1 lane each of: Iron, Copper, Tin, Steel, Gears, Pipes, Basic Electronic Boards, Basic Circuit Boards, Stone, and Brick. The only thing I am having a horrible time with is Wood.

How the heck am I supposed to get wood belted & integrated into my factory? Glass to build the greenhouses? I have the Angel "Patch" on so I can't smelt silicon ore directly, and don't want to take the cheater way out by removing it. I've been walking around with nanobots deconstructing forests and leaving them in chests scattered throughout my factory for now, but I really don't like this as a solution. The Greenhouses seem like what I need, but first I need to be able to powder ore... which means I need clay brick... which means I need mudwater? Oy vey.

I can't quite tell how many lanes of everything I'm going to want for my main bus... seems like we now need a little of a LOT of different stuff. Just set up Yellow belts & undergrounds; dealing with the 2-tile greys has been a major pain. Looking forward to the end of that.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 0.17 AngelBob Wood Management??

Post by Termak »

Use Angels greenhouses (Angel Bioprocessing), remove Bobs. After you get to oil you can make synthetic wood, also Angel has better ways of making resin.
I always just skip the greenhouses and go directly to synthetic wood, its not like you need it that much early on not even on marathon settings.

Return to “Gameplay Help”