What power armor equipment setup do you use?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

What power armor equipment setup do you use?

Post by Kelderek »

What is your arrangement of items inside modular armors? Have you found an optimal arrangement? Do you use personal laser defense?

Right now I use the following in my power armor mk2:
2 fusion reactors
2 exoskeletons
2 personal laser defense
6 energy shield mk2
8 battery mk2

I'm not a fan of the night vision so I don't use that. I've been debating whether the laser defense is worth using. I'd be curious to see what setups you guys use.

The Lone Wolfling
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: What power armor equipment setup do you use?

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

I have two powersuits - one that's just a fusion reactor, as many exoskeletons as will fit (8), and a couple battery mk IIs (10) (Boots of Speed!), and a combat one that's 3 fusion reactors, 7 energy shield mk IIs, and 3 exoskeletons.

I don't bother with personal laser defenses, generally. I find they don't have enough damage output to be useful.

Night vision is horrid. The color is frustrating, if nothing else. And when you need it you can cheaply approximate it by just holding a drone.

I don't bother using batteries for my combat suit. It produces more power than it can use - so why bother? I will point out with your layout that replacing the batteries with another fusion reactor may make sense. Although I am not sure of the power requirements of the personal laser defense.

Now, mind you, this is all relatively late-game stuff - you're not going to have the resources to make boots of speed for a while, for example. At least not both boots of speed and a combat suit.

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

I haven't bothered making a second set yet, so my all-purpose suit is two fusion reactors, five Mk2 shields, five exoskeletons, night vision (green is annoying but I'd rather have it than nothing), and a Mk2 battery just to fill up the remaining space.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

Replace the nigh vision goggles with the better player flashlight mod that makes a circle of light around the player... except when in a train, which makes nighttime riding fun!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I suggest replacing the personal laser defenses with more shields or exoskeletons, and the batteries with maybe another fusion reactor or even more shields or something. I honestly haven't gotten to the power armor MK2 very often, just because I usually get bored by then and start over. But the few times I have, I have realized that personal laser defenses are pretty much useless, at least in my experience. Once you fight large biters and large spitters, they seem to do virtually no damage. Would rather have the extra shields and speed.

As for my setups... Have never really actually filled an entire suit, so can't answer that too effectively. But usually it is only reactors, exoskeletons and shields MK2. :D
Image Image Image

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

My personal setup is (at least in the past)
  • 2 fusion reactors
  • 4 exoskeletons
  • 7 energy shield MK 2
  • 4 battery MK 2
I will maybe change it. I have to look into removing the batteries and one exoskeleton for another fusion reactor.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Return to “Gameplay Help”