Robots Inactive train condition

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Shadefang
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Robots Inactive train condition

Post by Shadefang »

Not sure if this belongs here, bugs, or suggestions.

With the .17 change that disables roboports in a automatic trains, is there any way to actually make use of the 'robots inactive' train condition?

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Robots Inactive train condition

Post by GrumpyJoe »

this looks to me like a modded Bob´s or Angels question, where you can have construction robots and, more important, vehicle equipment setup in modded vehicle grid?

I have not looked at base game´s train conditions that hard, but if it senses players bots working, i guess that works too

not sure what your problem is anyway. why are you thinking about a bug report?
whats not working for you?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

disables roboports in a automatic trains
I concur : this is a modded game. What mod adds this into your game ? Vehicle Grid ? maybe one of Bob's ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Shadefang
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadefang »

I do play with bob's/angel's, and also tested it with https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/VehicleGrid which as far as I can tell does nothing more than add grids to vehicles that accept player armor equipment. Not in vanilla, but with that mod or bob's vehicle equipment installed the condition appears on any train that has a cargo wagon. So while it does appear to be a modded issue, if those mods don't implement the condition it must be something in the base game, I would assume tied to the train having a car with both a grid and an inventory.

It does not appear to detect player roboports, but i'm not 100% sure as the issue makes it difficult to test.

The issue is that one of the changes in 0.17 was:
  • Changed personal roboports so they won't send construction robots if you're driving in a vehicle that they can't keep up with or if in a train in automatic mode.
This appears to also apply when they're placed in a vehicle's grid, meaning while the condition still works (the bar doesn't go green until all the robots have returned) it's effectively unusable because once the train is on automatic mode it won't send out more bots regardless of whether it's stopped, or the state of the "enable logistics while moving" checkbox. The checkbox also appears to be a base game feature tied to vehicle grids, seeing as it appears with either of these mods, which don't appear to implement it, and also in the grids added by the FARL and shuttle train mods.

Return to “Gameplay Help”