targeting behemoth biter/spiters

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

targeting behemoth biter/spiters

Post by nosports »

Hello,

i have a question for targeting the behemoth biters.....

I use no lasers currently and make my defences with gun turrets.
As vor now the 'explosive bullet' can take care of small & medium biters, i want to use the uranium bullet especially for the behemots.

-> can i target a class of biter via circuits or may be there is a modding required, is this possible and how ?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: targeting behemoth biter/spiters

Post by astroshak »

I’m not aware of any means of controlling the targeting of your Turrets. They fire at everything, presumably “first in range until its dead” type of targeting. If you want to use Uranium Ammo, expect to spend a few bullets here and there on small and medium enemies as well as Behemoth.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

I don't think there's any ability to establish target priorities. First in line is first to get shot.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You can't, but you're not the first to express this need so far, there is a topic in Ideas and Suggestions asking for a way to program turrets' behaviour.
[Edit] : there : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56084
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

Since behemoth biters take longer to die after being shot at, one way to "reserve" uranium bullets for them would be to place them a distance behind the regular turrets, so that they only get fired on after they have closed a greater distance than big/medium/small biters.

Return to “Gameplay Help”