How to get Tin in Angels / Bob mods in 0.17? No Bobmonium available

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DavidKaiser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to get Tin in Angels / Bob mods in 0.17? No Bobmonium available

Post by DavidKaiser »

I can't get tin. No bobmonium on the map. With or without RSO. I generated new maps just to check. So I tried to deal with what I have. One way is stiratite.

I just can't do it. Really. I saw you can get it from Stiratite. But you need a Floatation plant for it. And I can't get such a plant because you need advanced circuit board and to produce them you you need tin (for solder etc.).

I hope I'm not asking the for the hundreds time. I checked the forum and I can't find an answer for it.

Thank you so much in advance if someone can help me.

DavidKaiser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: How to get Tin in Angels / Bob mods in 0.17? No Bobmonium available

Post by DavidKaiser »

I just found one patch of bobmonium, 1500 tiles away from the base.... the longest conveyor belt I have ever built. Because I don't have trains yet (need tin to build them. lol)

Crazy

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Do you have poor or otherwise special settings? As far as I know (based on previous versions), there should always be bobmonium in starting area, because it is necessary in early game. Maybe another ore or lake have overwritten that patch.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Sounds either like you're not seeing the ore or have some odd settings. Using the mods + RSO I generated a few with default settings and found bobmonium in the starting location. You should have it right there with you.

Maybe post a screenshot?

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

only "angelsore2" and "angelsore4", which translate to Jivolite and Crotinnium, are disabled in starting area
Or to be more precice, angelsore6, which is Bobmonium, is set to "starting_area = true"

file is found at this path

so unless you have overlooked it, or some other mod is messing with it, this shouldn´t be possible

either
a screenshot of map view, a save file or the log file
would help greatly in finding these things
The last 2 of those would also provide some kind of mod list

or this, but i have not seen that happen, and i can say i have started LOTS of AB maps
Maybe another ore or lake have overwritten that patch.

DavidKaiser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DavidKaiser »

This issue is solved for me. I'm sorry for wasting your time. As I mentioned, i found bobmonium, just very, very far away. Thank you all.

Return to “Gameplay Help”