Logistic robots get stuck in circle around roboports

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
jackson.horton12
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistic robots get stuck in circle around roboports

Post by jackson.horton12 »

Not real sure why these logistic robots get stuck in circles around my roboports. Its happening around all of them. They all carry items pretty sure. Im sure the solution is something quite simple ive not figured out yet. Thanks in advance for any help!
Note: I put a screenshot in the attatchments
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2404 times

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logistic robots get stuck in circle around roboports

Post by Zavian »

They are queued up waiting to charge. (As a quick fix, you can add more roboports, meaning more places to charge, but as a general rule, you need to design high volume bot based production to minimise the number of items carried (eg direct insert copper wires into green circuit assemblers rather than carry one copper plate then carrying two copper wires), and to minimise travel average bot travel distance. This reduces the problem of finding room for enough roboports to charge all the bots.

See https://wiki.factorio.com/Robotic_netwo ... r_charging, and possibly also viewtopic.php?t=55521#p327170, and viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68217#p415391

jackson.horton12
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jackson.horton12 »

Alright thanks. I figured the problem had something to do with there being so many in a small space. Thanks for the help!

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I always thought Vanilla needed separate buildable charging pads similar to what is available in Bob's (at least I think it is Bob's..). But yeah, any heavy bot usage is going to need strategic groups of roboports to provide charging stations.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Return to “Gameplay Help”