Can't build on shallow water 2 error

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Black_Fire95
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't build on shallow water 2 error

Post by Black_Fire95 »

How do I remove shallow water 2 from my current game?

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't build on shallow water 2 error

Post by Mr. Tact »

Landfill?
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

rezzywezzy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rezzywezzy »

Unfortunately, shallow water does not act like normal shallow water which is able to be replaced with landfills. See the attached files for supporting evidence of the material appearing in normal world generation as opposed to suggestions that it was implemented for specific campaign maps. Note that this is a vanilla world that this generation is exampled. Though this water can be walked on unlike normal shallow water, it is unable to be replaced with landfill, making it impossible to build on whatsoever, and thus are even worse than cliffs.

Is there any way to debug out the shallow water 2 tiles, as there seems to be no normal way of removing them, and simply being unable to use a whole area of the map is highly not optimal, especially since this can occur anywhere. I am surprised that not many others have come across this issue as it seems to be fairly prevalent in my current world. Though it doesn't seem to have generated this type of water in my spawn region.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1333 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

While shallow water is vanilla tile type, it is ment for campaign and scenarios and is not generated in freeplay. So I wonder - what mod do you have that added shallow water to map generator?

Anyway, (this will disable achievements, if you care about that sort of thing) type /editor in console/chat, and use tile editor to replace shallow water with something else. Then enter /editor to chat again to switch back to normal game.

rezzywezzy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rezzywezzy »

There are no mods installed that impact default world generation, as noted in my post. The only mods installed are AutoDeconstruct 0.1.12, Squeak Through 1.4.0, base 0.17.79, stdlib 1.3.0 and nanobots 3.1.0 which only add some functionality and recipes to the game and allow them to operate without impacting the vanilla game. This would not explain why the generation is in the current world(freeplay) and only allows me to conclude that it is in there naturally. Likely due to some bug or other related phenomena. If there is any other information to help further investigate this instance let me know, I would be happy to help.

I was able to replace the shallow water 2 with landfill in all the locations by using the editor as suggested by posila, however this does not fix the issue of naturally spawning shallow water 2 not being able to be removed without debug commands which disable achievements. This solution works fine for me in this specific world because I have had to use debug to mess with many of the settings to get the proper world, however this would not work for someone who does not wish to lose their ability to progress with achievements.

Return to “Gameplay Help”