[0.17] Did I get the campaign into an unwinnable state somehow?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17] Did I get the campaign into an unwinnable state somehow?

Post by ManaUser »

Not quite sure what happened here. My first time playing the campaign I didn't have this problem, but I decided to replay it to see if I could handle that biter rush at the end any more smoothly, and now it looks like I'm stuck.
Campaign.jpg
Campaign.jpg (561.36 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
I need to place a small electric pole to power my first normal assembling machine, but strangely I'm locked out of hand-crafting the poles. What's going on here?

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Did I get the campaign into an unwinnable state somehow?

Post by Serenity »

Can't you change the assembly machine recipe and drop in the ingredients by hand?

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

Serenity wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Can't you change the assembly machine recipe and drop in the ingredients by hand?
Yeah, that's the problem. You can't craft copper cables by hand at this stage. This is never the case in freeplay, so if you've played before it feels weird.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

Serenity wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm
I could... but it wouldn't do anything because it wouldn't have power... since I don't have any small power poles to connect it with.
CDarklock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:56 pm
[Yeah, that's the problem. You can't craft copper cables by hand at this stage. This is never the case in freeplay, so if you've played before it feels weird.
It certainly does, but that alone doesn't explain this. As you can see in the screenshot, I've got 5 copper cables, which should be enough to make 4 poles, but the pole recipe itself is locked.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

ManaUser wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:09 pm
I could... but it wouldn't do anything because it wouldn't have power... since I don't have any small power poles to connect it with.
Well, there you have the real issue: you must have used your provided copper cables for something else. The game does hand you some starting resources, but then it doesn't actively prevent you from using them on the "wrong" thing. Maybe check the wreckage and see if there are any copper cables you didn't pick up? I don't think there are any (I seem to recall them just being gears and solid fuel), but maybe.

EDIT:
ManaUser wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:09 pm
It certainly does, but that alone doesn't explain this. As you can see in the screenshot, I've got 5 copper cables, which should be enough to make 4 poles, but the pole recipe itself is locked.

Wait, what? That doesn't make sense. Bug report it. Ignore my other explanations.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

CDarklock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:12 pm
Wait, what? That doesn't make sense. Bug report it. Ignore my other explanations.
Alright, done. I was starting to suspect a bug, but I had a hard to believing no one else had encountered this before, since I really can't think of anything overly strange I did that could have caused it. Anyway thanks for confirming that it's not normal.

Return to “Gameplay Help”