Can I zoom mini-map? / direction to enemies?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Can I zoom mini-map? / direction to enemies?

Post by Peter34 »

Is there a way to zoom the mini-map in the upper right corner of the screen? It's way zoomed out, which makes it non-trivial for me to figure out exactly where the attacking aliens are, relative to my position, so I know which direction to run in to give them some sweet, sweet uzi.

Alternatively, is there another way to get the game to indicate to me the approximate direction of the attackers? I find this to be one of the most frustrating aspects of the game. Manual defence is very easy (at least on the low-difficulty settings that I I play at) once I reach the enemy, but reaching them, that's frustrating.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can I zoom mini-map? / direction to enemies?

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

I got the same question, but M just throws up the world map.

So:
M -> WOrld map -> zoom by scrolling, move by wasd
Minimap (while walking, fighting, ...) -> center = player, zoom = ?
I just accidentaly zoomed it out and i have no clue how I did it or how to reverse it.
Or Am i doing something wrong?

And while I''m at it: I cant find what 'larger terrain building area" and 'smaller terrain building area' are. I dont see anything change at all. (toughd that would be zoom at first)

T
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

I think "terrain building area" is the keys that control the size when laying down stone or concrete path material. + and - on the keypad do that for me, at least.

I'm not aware of any way to zoom the minimap in or out. There's an orange/yellow dot several pixels around at the center of it indicating your position relative to the features it's displaying, but it's not hard for that to become lost among the clutter. It's always at the exact center, though, so I can typically just navigate in the direction that brings the warning symbols closer to the center, and then listen for the sounds of biters chewing on things and wave my pointer in that general direction while holding space until it starts firing on something. :)

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Thanks

And I think I'm wrong and didnt zoom the minimap. Don't know why I suddely tought that. Just looked strange all of a sudden. Probably because i just started a new map and used the old one 200+ hours...
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

Ojelle wrote:Thanks

And I think I'm wrong and didnt zoom the minimap. Don't know why I suddely tought that. Just looked strange all of a sudden. Probably because i just started a new map and used the old one 200+ hours...
If you put your mouse over an assembling machine, the minimap gets bigger as a side effect of the description being too long, maybe that's what happened.

Return to “Gameplay Help”