[0.17.1] Shortcut toolbar buttons cannot be enabled

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
winterwookie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.1] Shortcut toolbar buttons cannot be enabled

Post by winterwookie »

1. What did you do?
Update through Steam from 0.16.51 to 0.17.0. Launch factorio, remove all mods, reset all settings to default, start new free play with default settings.
2. What happened?
The new toolbar with configurable shortcuts contains only the 'ALT mode' button. Expanding the menu by clicking the small button on the side displays the tools, but their check boxes are disabled. Only the ALT mode tool can be added/removed from the toolbar. Clicking the checkboxes, or the names of the tools does nothing.
3. What did you expect to happen instead?
The other tools (undo, copy, paste, blueprint, etc.) should be available to add to the toolbar.

Issue persists with 0.17.1

For reference, some work arounds have been identified (I have not tried them):
1. Save, then run /c game.player.force.research_all_technologies(), and then reload the save: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=65155&p=400752&hil ... ut#p400752

2. Load a 0.16 save, then load your 0.17 save: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... e_enabled/
Attachments
hooray for 0.17.zip
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
factorio-previous.log
(13.98 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.1] Shortcut toolbar buttons cannot be enabled

Post by Klonan »

It is intended that they are unlocked as the game progresses, and the relevant technologies are researched

winterwookie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by winterwookie »

Ah, sorry for the noise then. I looked around before posting, but didn't find anything definitive. Since blueprints are available from the start (and can be used for templating with ghosts, I reasoned that the shortcut tool would be available from the start as well.

Congrats on the release. It runs and looks awesome so far!

moose2006
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by moose2006 »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:52 pm
It is intended that they are unlocked as the game progresses, and the relevant technologies are researched
The only irrelevant technologies at the beginning of the game are the exoskeleton and roboport. Everything else should be unlocked so I can fully utilize my GUI as soon as I begin the game. I love .17 so far but this is a strange decision.

Opsse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Opsse »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:52 pm
I started a new game in 0.17 with a friend (I host it). His shortcut are unlocked but not mine.
Do you have an idea why? I can provide more information if needed for debug.

I also think that shortcuts should be enable at the beginning, for experienced players at least.

itepastra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by itepastra »

Opsse wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 am

I started a new game in 0.17 with a friend (I host it). His shortcut are unlocked but not mine.
Do you have an idea why? I can provide more information if needed for debug.

I also think that shortcuts should be enable at the beginning, for experienced players at least.
If you are an experienced player you should have a late game save you can open, this should unlock all the buttons. Afterwards they should be unlocked in all saves.

Return to “Gameplay Help”