Satellites and Rockets

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
abbayarra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Satellites and Rockets

Post by abbayarra »

Hello all!
I've run into an issue and have not been able to figure out the exact method to automate a fix for the issue.

I've got a assembler 3 building satellites and a rocket launch pad. I've got a requester box feeding items into my rocket to get it built.

The issue is that once the rocket is built it is loading it with the assembly components. How would I make it so that I can get it to load the satellite instead?

Am I missing something incredibly basic?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Satellites and Rockets

Post by astroshak »

The launch pad window shows that you need so many of the three rocket component parts. It tells you how many rocket sections have been completed (out of the 100 required). Once its finished the rocket, then it shows you the rocket’s cargo.

If you’ve got it set for automatic launch with satellite, it will immediately launch and you won’t really see that its got the satellite, but it does. The machine making the satellites is able to insert it into the launch pad well before the rocket itself is completed, though it doesn’t display at that point.

abbayarra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Satellites and Rockets

Post by abbayarra »

Thanks for the information. So all I have to do is move the assembler 3 and have it set to insert into the rocket and it will do so automatically with the satellite.
That is good to know. I do not have my launch pad set to automatic. What I've been doing is grabbing the inventory of what was inserted into the rocket and then grabbing the satellite off of the assembler and inserting it into the now empty inventory on the rocket.

Return to “Gameplay Help”