Sulfer to sulfuric acid ideal ratio

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Sulfer to sulfuric acid ideal ratio

Post by silman »

I currently am seeing a bottleneck in my oil processing at the sulfur production. Sulfuric acid requires 5 sulfur and takes 1 second, but sulfer is produced in units of 2 and also takes one full second. Does this mean that for no bottleneck i need 3 sulfur plants for every sulfuric acid plant? That seems a bit odd.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Sulfer to sulfuric acid ideal ratio

Post by DaveMcW »

The sulfuric acid recipe makes FIVE units. Your real bottleneck will be using all of it. :)

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

DaveMcW wrote:The sulfuric acid recipe makes FIVE units. Your real bottleneck will be using all of it. :)
I see, i never accounted for the output of the sulfuric acid, but because i have to wait 3 seconds to produce the sulfur and 1 to make the sulfuric acid (And a little extra time for the inserters, i am currently using direct insertion) it comes out to almost 1 sulfur per second. A single battery plant uses 2, so i i have three battery plants (is that unreasonable?) then i would need to upgrade my sulfur production i suppose. Also explosives use sulfur..

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Last I checked, my balancing for advanced oil refining was:
Actual Ratio____________________________________________________________Reasonable Final Build Ratio
1 Advanced Refinery_____________________________________________________4 Advanced Refineries
0.2 Lubricant Chem Plant(I add a heavy oil cracking chem plant (for overflow)___1 Lubricant and 1 Heavy Oil Cracker
1.5 Light Oil cracking Chem Plants_________________________________________6 Light Oil Crackers
0.283 Sulfur Chem Plant__________________________________________________2 (barely) Sulfur
0.113 H2SO4 Chem Plant_________________________________________________1 H2SO4
1.32 Battery Chem Plants_________________________________________________6 Batteries
1.125 Processing Unit Assemblers__________________________________________5 Proc Unit Assemblers
0.283 Plastic Chem Plant_________________________________________________2 Plastic
2.27 Advanced Circuit Assemblers__________________________________________9+ Adv Ckts
2.67 Blue Science Assemblers_____________________________________________11 Blue Science Assemblers

This ratio is based on the end goal of producing Blue Science

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

DerivePi wrote:Last I checked, my balancing for advanced oil refining was:
Actual Ratio____________________________________________________________Reasonable Final Build Ratio
1 Advanced Refinery_____________________________________________________4 Advanced Refineries
0.2 Lubricant Chem Plant(I add a heavy oil cracking chem plant (for overflow)___1 Lubricant and 1 Heavy Oil Cracker
1.5 Light Oil cracking Chem Plants_________________________________________6 Light Oil Crackers
0.283 Sulfur Chem Plant__________________________________________________2 (barely) Sulfur
0.113 H2SO4 Chem Plant_________________________________________________1 H2SO4
1.32 Battery Chem Plants_________________________________________________6 Batteries
1.125 Processing Unit Assemblers__________________________________________5 Proc Unit Assemblers
0.283 Plastic Chem Plant_________________________________________________2 Plastic
2.27 Advanced Circuit Assemblers__________________________________________9+ Adv Ckts
2.67 Blue Science Assemblers_____________________________________________11 Blue Science Assemblers

This ratio is based on the end goal of producing Blue Science

Do you make explosives at all? They are necessary for the end goal of rocket defense, right?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I can't recall if they're needed or not, but even if they are, it's not in massive quantities, therefore, you can mostly ignore the process by setting up a single line of factories, and having the whole thing shut down when it has nowhere to output (or have it shut down at around 100, if you're one that prefers using rockets vs biters.)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Gameplay Help”