Contaminated pipes

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Contaminated pipes

Post by zOldBulldog »

I accidentally placed a pipe intended for another fluid to close to a water pipe and they connected. Instantly the whole line in the bus got filled with water.

Very annoying. The only way I could think of to clear the pipe was to remove the whole line and reinstall it. Is that how we are supposed to do it?

At this early stage it wasn't a big deal, but I can just imagine the royal pain if it happened later in the game.

Is there a better way to completely empty a line?

betrok
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Contaminated pipes

Post by betrok »

You can use a pump to move all unwanted fluid into storage tank and remove only it.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Cool beans.

I realize these are simple questions, but no matter how much I read up and how many tutorials I watch there always seems to be more that I need to know. Good thing there is the forums, I'd be lost without them.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Using a pump can leave scraps of fluid behind - if the furthest pipe from the pump ends up with some 10 water on it after you're done and have refilled the system with the correct liquid, just remove it only. But yea, using a pump to drain a spill like this generally works well enough.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

At some point in past time the devs talked about the liquid system overhaul which should include squashing of liquids with smaller amount.

Seems it's abondoned currently.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

steinio wrote:At some point in past time the devs talked about the liquid system overhaul which should include squashing of liquids with smaller amount.

Seems it's abondoned currently.
Under consideration for 0.17.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

nevniv
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nevniv »

This happens to me all the time, and it is why I try to build almost entirely with the curved pipes since you can't make accidental connections.

Return to “Gameplay Help”