Circuit network - pulse transmission

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
PaszaVonPomiot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Circuit network - pulse transmission

Post by PaszaVonPomiot »

Hello,

I need some help with my circuit. At the moment bottom Decider outputs an impulse signal with total number of red science that is on the belt.
Barrel acts as a reset impulse (signal-black). Right combinator is acting as inverter. Top left combinator is a counter.

Code: Select all

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

The next step for me would be to check on every reset impulse if total number of red science is less than 10. If condition is true output one impulse of signal-red. So i thought that I will add simple Decider Combinator like below.

The problem I have is that Decider Combinator work continuously thus almost always outputting 1 because Red Science signal is almost always 0 (and condition 0 < 10 is always true). So my question is how do I make the condition check only when there is Red Science signal input on that last decider?
I tried to trigger Decider with reset signal but failed because Red Science and Reset signals arrive at different ticks and I'm not able to synchronise them.
Can you help or propose different approach?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Circuit network - pulse transmission

Post by DaveMcW »

PaszaVonPomiot wrote:I tried to trigger Decider with reset signal but failed because Red Science and Reset signals arrive at different ticks and I'm not able to synchronise them.
Add a combinator that does nothing (Each + 0 → Each) to make the timing work.

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aaargha »

Alternatively you could use something like
this
The left combinator is a counter that resets on barrel, the middle combinator outputs red when science is less than 10, and the right lets the red signal through when it reads a barrel. Output should be on the medium power pole.

PaszaVonPomiot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PaszaVonPomiot »

aaargha wrote:Alternatively you could use something like
Thank you so much! That was exactly what I was aiming for but couldn't figure it out.

Return to “Gameplay Help”