How to manage many trains on a single station ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Fractaliste
Inserter
Inserter

How to manage many trains on a single station ?

Post by Fractaliste »

I'm trying to load and unload many wagons on a single station thanks to circuit network.

I activate some inserters depending on the unique train identifier. It works quite fine but I got a problem with a leaving condition.

My trains go out after some inactivity or after an elapsed time. If for a train the leaving event is the elapsed time, I can have an inserter interrupted with an item grabbed above the rail. Then if a second train comes with an unique identifier which should disable this previously interrupted inserter, this inserter will drop the item into the train before going to sleep in resting position...

In this way I got an unwanted item into an unwanted wagon. Do you know any workaround to co-locate cleanly two trains with different contents on a single station?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to manage many trains on a single station ?

Post by DaveMcW »

Use the circuit network to calculate the elapsed time. Then shut off the inserter a bit early. To be really safe, you can change the train wait condition from "time passed" to "circuit condition".

Simple timer, wire all 4 connection points to the train station:
T > 0 → A = 1
T > 0 → A input count

Return to “Gameplay Help”