random wooden chest placement

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
_Shin_
Inserter
Inserter

random wooden chest placement

Post by _Shin_ »

Has anyone else seen bots randomly place wooden chests in the middle of nowhere? I've both found them just sitting on the ground, (where I assume a bot placed them at some earlier point that I missed) and seen bots launch and place them as if ghosted.

Yes, I had them in inventory, so it isn't like they just appeared, but I'm quite confident I didn't place it as a ghost. I can't be 100% sure it isn't some missed item on a blueprint, but again, i'm quite confident that there was no blueprint placed in this area.

It's just an odd behavior I can't figure out and I wish I could be 100% sure I didn't place i by mistake, but there is that small chance i suppose.

Anyone else that has seen this?

Sente
Inserter
Inserter

Re: random wooden chest placement

Post by Sente »

Did you place a wooden chest to place items in it and then destroy the chest? If you did, then there would be a ghost for the wooden chest for a while.

_Shin_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _Shin_ »

no nothing like that.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Do you have any mods installed that add random loot chests to the world?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

_Shin_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _Shin_ »

no, i think it must be on a blueprint. It's the only thing that makes any sense.

Return to “Gameplay Help”