Basic: Fluid into assembly machine?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Basic: Fluid into assembly machine?

Post by swasko »

How do you make something like electrical engine units? It has to be made in an assembly machine, but i see no way to get the lubricant in there..

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Basic: Fluid into assembly machine?

Post by FishSandwich »

With pipes. When you choose a recipe that needs liquids the assembler will have a fitting for a pipe to go on. :) You can also rotate the assembler if the fitting isn't where you want it.
Bear in mind this only works for mk2(the blue one) and mk3(the yellow one) assembling machines.

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

OMG, cant believe how i missed that!

Thnx!

DanielHall15
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DanielHall15 »

I had some trouble rotating that assembler. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I can't see the pipe entries before placing the assembly, and I can't seem to rotate the placed assembly. I eventually got it the way I wanted it by just placing it and removing it until seemingly randomly it was put down the right way ...? (confused)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

swasko wrote:OMG, cant believe how i missed that!

Thnx!
Hey, no problem. :)
DanielHall15 wrote:I had some trouble rotating that assembler. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I can't see the pipe entries before placing the assembly, and I can't seem to rotate the placed assembly. I eventually got it the way I wanted it by just placing it and removing it until seemingly randomly it was put down the right way ...? (confused)
You can rotate any placed building by hovering the mouse over it and pressing the 'r' button.

DanielHall15
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DanielHall15 »

That's it. I foolishly clicked on it then steamhammered "R". :?

Return to “Gameplay Help”