Blueprints

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Pascali
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprints

Post by Pascali »

i have read this about blueprints: https://wiki.factorio.com/Blueprint

Because i don´t know what it does. It sounds interesting.

I read the following:
"Blueprint library: Allows for keeping players blueprints between individual game saves and allows sharing blueprints in multiplayer games."

So i can create a blueprint and use it in another savegame? Is a blueprint a file? Can i use a blueprint from another user and use ist in my game?

thank You

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Blueprints

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

There is a blueprint icon above the mini-map. Click it and the blueprint library window opens. This is also where you create a deconstruction planner or grab a blank blueprint.

Any blueprint (or book) placed in the right half of the window will be available in all your games, just open the blueprint library window and drag (copy) it to your inventory or tool belt.

Any blueprint (or book) placed in the left half of the window can be used by anyone in the same multi-player game. They copy it from that window and they have a copy they can do anything they want with.

You can also use the string import and export feature to share blueprints. Remember that the string used in 0.15 is NOT the same as the string used in pre-0.15 mods.

Pascali
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pascali »

ah o.k., thank you. Is there a page where i can find some blueprints?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Best thing to do is create your own, or get the ones that interest you when you connect to a multiplayer game.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”