Power Switch not working right

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FireGamer500
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power Switch not working right

Post by FireGamer500 »

Hello. I have a setup where a combinator is supplied power by a medium power pole. The pole is wired to a power switch, which in turn is wired to a circuit network. I've found that when the condition is false, and so the power switch should be off, I still get a trickle of power to the combinator. The power switch looks off. The pole shows no power. The combinator shows the blinking power symbol. But the line that shows how much power it's getting has just a small segment of red, and is still working. Is this a bug? Am I not getting something? I've had this happen multiple times. I'm certain nothing else is supplying power. If it were, then the combinator wouldn't be showing just a sliver of power, because all the poles show green. When I set a condition to turn the power switch on, the pole supplying power to the combinator goes full green. Any advice?

FireGamer500
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Power Switch not working right

Post by FireGamer500 »

I just discovered it's not a problem with the power switch at all. I placed a combinator in an area with power, then deleted the pole supplying it power. It showed that slight bit of red. So, I'm going with a bug then right?

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Power Switch not working right

Post by Xeorm »

Whenever you're debugging something like this, post a picture. Too many things that can go wrong because the description doesn't tell the whole story.

Return to “Gameplay Help”