Construction robot getting stuck with sparks?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Construction robot getting stuck with sparks?

Post by wvlad »

I see yellow sparks but what does it mean? It is staying there pretty long. It's flying to roboport for a recharge and then gets again to the same place.
Last edited by wvlad on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Construction robot getting stuck with sparks?

Post by Kayanor »

Normally these yellow sparks mean that the robot is repairing something.
But a transport belt usually takes ~1 second to fully repair.

I think the robot is stuck, try mining it and then let it free again.
Former moderator.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

I've seen construction robots get stuck when they want to place the item they're carrying but something is in the way (like the player character - not sure what else can cause this)

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

is it possible the red belt was upgraded manually after the bot grabbed one?

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Yeah, sometimes it happens when I upgrade things manually (is it a bug?) but this time I marked things for deconstruction around this belt but didn't touch the belt line itself. It was already "fast" so no upgrade required. There were other robots like this and they leaved when I quickly selected/unselected the belt under them for deconstruction. But it didn't work for this one.

Another thing happened to me when I was moving my railway station with blueprints (Cut and paste tool mod) and manually placed some of chests. Robots were flying above them until I freed a place to I let them put chests.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

ah yeah this is probably due to placing the belt after the robot had already grabbed one, this was supposed to be fixed as i seen it in a bug report previously, being the robot is supposed to return the belt to the yellow chest if you manually placed it. work around, mine the belt the robot is tring to place, or mine the robot.
if you are still using v14 or earlier then i doubt it will get fixed for that version. it should be fixed in v15
if you still have the save of the robot hovering there and on v15, post the save and a description of how it happened, what you were doing when it happened and hopefully the devs will take a look at it again and see what happened. also include the 'factorio-current.log' file.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Ok, I filled a bug report viewtopic.php?f=29&t=51233

Return to “Gameplay Help”