Space Science Pack

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Cauled
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Space Science Pack

Post by Cauled »

I'm confused about the objective of the game and space science packs. I created a game with the scenario "freeplay." I built a rocket silo and launched a rocket with a satellite. That ended the game. However, according to the factorio wiki and hovering the mouse over the space science pack icon, the requirement is to launch a rocket with a satellite. But how do you get it when that ends the whole game??? Is there some sort of end game setting for different game types?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Space Science Pack

Post by DaveMcW »

You need to click "Continue" on the victory popup.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

After launching the rocket there really isnt any set "goal" anymore, unless you make your own goal. I personally just stopped playing vanilla and started to only play with BOBmods since they bring in so much more, albeit some of the stuff is "bit" overpowered :D

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Termak wrote:After launching the rocket there really isnt any set "goal" anymore, unless you make your own goal. I personally just stopped playing vanilla and started to only play with BOBmods since they bring in so much more, albeit some of the stuff is "bit" overpowered :D
Bob's is a combination of stuff which makes the game harder (like the circuit recipes) and stuff which makes the game easier (like the assemblers, miners and modules). I play Bobs+Angels but without the stuff from Bob's that makes the game easier. A while back I used to play with Bob's assemblers (etc) but I made my own mod which greatly nerfed the module slots to keep the OPness down - completely remove slots from electroylzers and nerfed all other module slot counts to no more than vanilla levels.

Cauled
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cauled »

Thanks for the reply. I kind of like the idea of it being an endless game. Do we still have to kill aliens to harvest their eggs for purple sci packs? Or was that done away with in a new release?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Purple science is done away with in 0.15. Red, green, and blue are still here (there might be some recipe changes in blue, I'm not sure), and there is also gray (military), purple (production) and yellow (high-tech), along with space.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Gameplay Help”