Stocking a train with materials for outpost´s (Circuit]

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mojo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Stocking a train with materials for outpost´s (Circuit]

Post by Mojo »

I am working a a pretty simple circuit that i somehow fail to get working.

My goal is to send a train to a station and load it up with X Inserters, Y Red Belts, Z, Roboports etc.

I set up a train station for that with requester chests and (fast) inserters. Every chest requests a special good like rails, signals etc. The inserters are connected to a circuit network which is connected to the train station. The requester chest are not connected to the network.

I set a special condition for each inserter according to the chest it is aligned to. So there is a requester chest for rail signals and the inserter does have a condition that goes "Enable if rail signals < 100"

It works s far as that the inserters enable as soon as my train gets in but they dont disable when the limit is reached. So instead of shutting down after there are more then 100 signals in the train, they just keep running.

Were is my mistake?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Stocking a train with materials for outpost´s (Circuit]

Post by impetus maximus »

are you using filter inserters? do you have them wired to the chest?

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Did you set the train station to send its cargo contents to the circuit network?

You can monitor the signals of the circuit network by connecting power poles to the circuit network and hovering your mouse over the power poles.

Mojo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mojo »

Tekky wrote:Did you set the train station to send its cargo contents to the circuit network?

You can monitor the signals of the circuit network by connecting power poles to the circuit network and hovering your mouse over the power poles.

No, that was it, i forgot to set the train station to read the trains content.

Hermitude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hermitude »

Whereabouts do I set the "train station" to send its cargo contents to the circuit network?

I have a "train stop" entity which has an option to send its contents to the train. But I assume that this is for sending information to the train to use in scheduling constraints, and not receiving information from the train about its cargo contents.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Hermitude wrote:Whereabouts do I set the "train station" to send its cargo contents to the circuit network?

I have a "train stop" entity which has an option to send its contents to the train. But I assume that this is for sending information to the train to use in scheduling constraints, and not receiving information from the train about its cargo contents.
That is correct. You must use the option "read train contents" to send the train's cargo contents to the circuit network.

The option "read stopped train" is just for sending the Train-ID to the circuit network and has nothing to do with the cargo content of the train.

Return to “Gameplay Help”