Blueprint strings...

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blueprint strings...

Post by Mr. Tact »

Okay -- am I somehow looking past it, or is there not a way to create blueprint strings in the base game? I see how to import them, but not how to create or export them...which seems really odd to put in one and not the other. I can get the mod if I need to, just thought I had to missing something...

In a related question.. how does the "Shared blueprints" work? Do you only get what ever has been shared at the time of game creation?
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprint strings...

Post by Xterminator »

To create/export one yo need to open a blueprint (by right clicking on it) and then there is an option in the top right corner of it to export Blueprint string. :)

Shared blueprints are ones that people have put n their Blueprint Library. It will update anytime a new blueprint is added I believe.
Image Image Image

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

D'oh! Okay, that was a bit embarrassing... :(

Hmm, maybe I just goofed. But I put a blueprint in the share section, and then saved and left the game. Opened a second game but didn't see the blueprint. Maybe I failed to actually click or something, I'll try again.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Mr. Tact wrote:In a related question.. how does the "Shared blueprints" work? Do you only get what ever has been shared at the time of game creation?
I am curious about this also. I've made setups in creative mode a few times, then added them to my shared blueprints after deleting the non-vanilla entities, only to find that they no longer appear when I open my main save. It was working fine when 0.15 first came out but I figured I was doing something subtly different which was causing this behavior.
Last edited by iceman_1212 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

I always export my book and save the string in a file. I might place the book in the game section or my section but always from string. I have had to redo too many setups.

Odhrean
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Odhrean »

I always export the Blueprints in external files aswell because they use mod entities.
When i disable a mod and enable it again the blueprint in the ingame exchange is missing the modded entities...

Return to “Gameplay Help”