[0.15.12] Can't zoom into world view on map anymore

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Lemmmy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.12] Can't zoom into world view on map anymore

Post by Lemmmy »

New here, not sure if this is the right place, etc.

In 0.15.10, I could zoom into the map to make it show the 'world view' where I could see other players doing things etc. Since 0.15.11 I can no longer do this at all, instead it just reaches a maximum zoom level and shows the solid-coloured map. Other players on the server can still do this. I have radars in the area, so that's not the problem.

This is the furthest I can zoom in.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.12] Can't zoom into world view on map anymore

Post by Kelderek »

Lemmmy wrote:New here, not sure if this is the right place, etc.

In 0.15.10, I could zoom into the map to make it show the 'world view' where I could see other players doing things etc. Since 0.15.11 I can no longer do this at all, instead it just reaches a maximum zoom level and shows the solid-coloured map. Other players on the server can still do this. I have radars in the area, so that's not the problem.
Check your patch notes, 0.15.11 changed the zoom rate:
--The zoom level at which the map switches from 'map view' to 'world view' was increased.
And here's the explanation for the change:
Klonan wrote:After playing with it we decided that the switch was too far out
When players would try to inspect the actual map, to see map tags, labels, to read ore patches etc. it would switch to zoom to world before being able to see the map information.

This information, such as turret range, electric network visualization, is more important at this specific zoom than the zoom to world, so we moved the switch point

We are still listening to feedback and gathering opinion on the perfect switch point, but we feel this is a move in the right direction,
That isn't to say it won't be moved out somewhat in the future, but for now we aren't going to revert to the old zoom level

There were also some graphical and rendering issues with the old zoom level
As for other players having it work, are you sure you are all using the exact same map zoom level?

Lemmmy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lemmmy »

I'm not sure what you mean by 'same map zoom level' - if I keep pushing the scrollwheel up, it does not go any further. I also tried setting the scroll controls to PGUP/PGDN, but the same problem occurs.

This video shows me zooming between the min and max in both the map and game views.

Here's my system information, if relevant:

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

Unless you somehow ended up on an older version of the game, I'm guessing this is a bug that you may want to report in the bug forum.

ftbreizhbugs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ftbreizhbugs »

Are you sure the area you want to zoom in is in the view zone of a radar?

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Lemmmy wrote:In 0.15.10, I could zoom into the map to make it show the 'world view' where I could see other players doing things etc. Since 0.15.11 I can no longer do this at all, instead it just reaches a maximum zoom level and shows the solid-coloured map. Other players on the server can still do this. I have radars in the area, so that's not the problem.
I had this happen to me after having a typo in a map reveal command. The map seems to not update at all while it is busy revealing chunks. It took several hours to come back to normal for me once the reveal was completed.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

Check your keybindings - Normal zoom and world view - zoom can be assigned to different keys; although they are the same by default.

Biffelbob
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Biffelbob »

searker wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 7:55 pm
Check your keybindings - Normal zoom and world view - zoom can be assigned to different keys; although they are the same by default.
This is it. This solved the problem for me.

The standard "Zoom In" / "Zoom Out" under "Basic Interaction" is not the same as "Zoom into world" / "Zoom out of world" under "Advanced Interaction".

Thank you. I was getting nervous about this.

Return to “Gameplay Help”