map editor / scenario

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

map editor / scenario

Post by Nexarius »

I've started to play a scenario (huge ocean and islands) and everything went fine but then I went back to the editor and added some more resources far away for the endgame.

My factory is on the map without those additions. Can I like copy paste my factory from one map to the other? Is there a method to open a savegame in the map editor?

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: map editor / scenario

Post by Kelderek »

Not that I am aware of. Depending on how far along you are on your current factory, you may just need to start over.

One thing you can do to save time is give yourself equivalent items to jumpstart a new factory. When you edit the map, just place some chests and add in whatever items you want. You could make it match up with what you had in your previous factory to be fair (check your production or electricity stats to see how many of each item you had built). Then once you have it the way you want, launch a new game with that scenario map and then rebuild your factory using those items. It will still take a bit of time and you would have to redo research, but I suspect there are console commands that could fix that too.

Return to “Gameplay Help”