Normal vs expensive technology

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
chaseydog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Normal vs expensive technology

Post by chaseydog »

I'm a bit confused by the normal vs expensive setting for technology. If I change the recipe setting from normal to expensive I can see the effect, green circuits cost1 iron 3 copper under normal and 2 iron 10 copper under expensive. Researching Tool tool belts at the normal technology setting takes 30 seconds and 100 each red and green science. If I change the setting to expensive, but leave the multiplier at 1 it seems that the research cost for expensive remains the same as normal. Adjusting the multiplier increases cost of course but I'm surprised that there's no change between normal and expensive if the multiplier is left at 1, or am I missing something? Follow on question, is there a way to change the research cost multiplier after the games been started? I'm trying to play a railworld/marathon hybrid and while I've got recipe costs where I'd like them research comes too quickly.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Normal vs expensive technology

Post by Xeorm »

Expensive research doing anything was pushed back till later, as they didn't have the time they wanted. They wanted to leave it in though for modders to potentially use.

chaseydog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Normal vs expensive technology

Post by chaseydog »

Thanks. Is there a way to adjust the multiplier after the saves been started?

Return to “Gameplay Help”