Is it possible to use one station for more than one fluid

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is it possible to use one station for more than one fluid

Post by aaargha »

It seems that the circuit network does not report amounts < 1, 0.9 does not generate a signal. Fluids are probably represented with way more precision than is displayed, or at least the flow rate is as it took a second or so for a 1.1 tank to reach 0.9 when only using natural flow.

Deadly-Bagel I think you may run into problems with fluid mixing in some situations unless you're super careful when designing it. Even if you only use a one tick delay I think you can end up in situations where the update order decides if there will be contamination or not, this will probably only happen for a few crafted setups but the longer the delay the more setups become problematic. But for the most part the limit of one fluid per pipe should keep you safe, unless you are chaining pumps or something.

The setup I posted earlier has now survived over 5h of testing so it seems pretty stable.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Yeah I wouldn't use a 1 tick delay, I'd probably go for a 6 tick delay. This would be used both to keep the pump working to move that fluid out, and also to prevent any new fluid moving in though theoretically that should never be possible.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aaargha »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Yeah I wouldn't use a 1 tick delay, I'd probably go for a 6 tick delay. This would be used both to keep the pump working to move that fluid out, and also to prevent any new fluid moving in though theoretically that should never be possible.
I fee like we're talking about different things. I mean the delay between when a tank stops outputting a signal for a specific fluid and when the pump stops working. Increasing this increases the number of setups for which fluids may end up in the wrong pump and then deadlock the system.

The longer the delay the more certain you can be that you get all the fluids, but the more risk of getting the wrong fluid as well no?

neolithos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neolithos »

I had sometimes the problem that the pumps (that have the task to empty the pipes) hold 0.0 liquid and will not pump any other liquid.

But the 3 tank separation sounds nice.

How I suggested, the best might be change to int's or superset all under 1.

Return to “Gameplay Help”