Circuit Network possible make something like requester chest

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MaZy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circuit Network possible make something like requester chest

Post by MaZy »

Hey, we are playing factorio and trying to win the game without requester chest for the achievment. So we cannot us requester chest which would make the game finally easier.

My question is.. is there something alternate maybe with circuit network that can I "send" drones to chest to put there something or are there nothing what can I do?
In the end game I see its rlly hard to solve the problems. It is still possible but makes rlly hard. So I hoped I could still do it with circuit network or something else to send drones with stuff to other chest

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Circuit Network possible make something like requester chest

Post by steinio »

Hi,

you can use belts between chests :)

No seriously no requester chests means no requester chests.
Your character can work as a requester chest and you must put items in chests by hand.

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

MaZy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaZy »

steinio wrote:Hi,

Your character can work as a requester chest and you must put items in chests by hand.

Greetings, steinio.
That's how I do currently but its really annoying to fill all turrets with ammo myself.. or if they got destroyed and replaced by drones they are without ammo...

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

MaZy wrote:
steinio wrote:Hi,

Greetings, steinio.
That's how I do currently but its really annoying to fill all turrets with ammo myself.. or if they got destroyed and replaced by drones they are without ammo...
belt with ammo(+fuel if you want to use burner inserters), inserter at each turret, problem solved....once you actually manage to fill the belt.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

You could use active provider + storage chests, however that is very limiting and error-prone as you mustn't use the trash slots while in the specific logistics network and if you move more than one item type the danger of a chest filling up with only one type exists.

Vornicus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vornicus »

You can detect loads in a circuit-connected chest, and send that data towards the factory: if the chest feeding your turret has, say, less than 100 magazines left, activate an inserter that pulls from another chest closer to the center. These can cascade, with forks, back to your factory.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

mergele wrote:You could use active provider + storage chests, however that is very limiting and error-prone as you mustn't use the trash slots while in the specific logistics network and if you move more than one item type the danger of a chest filling up with only one type exists.
To keep chests from filling up with the wrong item, limit the size of the storage chest to one item and pre-fill it with what you want. Then use a wire to the inserter removing items to NEVER let the chest empty.

Linosaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Linosaurus »

There are some things you can do with belts. You can run a belt past all your gun turrets and put an inserter for each turret. I feels wasteful to completely fill a belt, so I like to make it a loop and at the start I slowly add items. Early on only one yellow inserter, and remove the items once they loop back to the start.

You can have a mixed belt you use to send many things in low quantity. At the end, a filter inserter moves each item into a box. At the start, a slow inserter adds items to the belt, connect it to the chest so it stops when there's enough items in the chest. There's still all the items on the way on the belt so you end up with way more than the number you set.

I used this a fair bit in my no logistics run, mostly for my mixed item personal train station. It's kinda awkward and clumsy and as soon as you start refactoring any part of your base you'll accidentally remove a wire somewhere and a belt will overflow. But it works.

There's also various methods of sushi belts for production areas.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

I'm running a Mall setup with belts and constant combinators.

Constant combinator contains the "requested" amount of items, an arithmetic combinator substracts the total number of items of the same type stored in the output chests, and the resulting value is used in the respective assembler's output inserter. Essentially, for as long as the number of, say, electric drills in combinator is greater than the number of electric drills stored in chests, inserter from drill-making assembler is enabled, drills are put on the belt and moved to the output chests, where they're picked by filter inserters and put into the matching chest.

There's a delay involved, so some amount of overproduction is inevitable, and clogging the belt from factories to the chests must be avoided, but otherwise the system seems to work perfectly fine.

Return to “Gameplay Help”